If you’re looking for reliable car maintenance tips, you’ve come to the right place. Trustworthy Auto is a premiere Seekonk auto repair shop that has been servicing cars in this area for years. We know what it takes to keep your vehicle running smoothly, and our team of professional mechanics are here to help! In this blog post, we will list 13 of the most insightful car maintenance tips that will help prevent major repair costs.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Make sure you keep up with the regular maintenance schedule that your car needs.
2. Change the oil and filter regularly, as this will help your engine run smoothly and last longer.
3. Check the tire pressure and make sure they’re properly inflated- underinflated tires can lead to decreased gas mileage and premature wear on the treads.
4. Inspect the brakes regularly- worn brake pads can cause decreased braking power and even dangerous accidents.
5. Always use the recommended type of fuel for your car – using a different type of fuel than what is specified can damage your engine over time.
6. Keep the windshield washer fluid full so you can clear dirt, bugs, and other debris from your windshield while driving safely.
7. Make sure the radiator hoses are in good condition and that there’s enough coolant in the system to avoid overheating- this could damage both the engine and transmission if not addressed quickly .
8 . Inspect all of the exterior lights on your car (headlights, taillights, turn signals, etc.) on a regular basis to make sure they’re working properly.
Not only is it illegal to drive without functioning lights, but it’s also dangerous for both you and other drivers on the road.
9. Keep an emergency kit in your car at all times in case of breakdowns or accidents- this should include a first-aid kit, flares or reflective triangles, a flashlight, jumper cables, and a basic toolkit.
10. If something doesn’t feel right while you’re driving, or if there’s an unusual noise coming from the car, don’t ignore it! These could be signs of a serious problem that will only get worse over time if not fixed.
11. Regularly clean your car’s interior. This includes vacuuming the floors and wipe down all of the surfaces. A clean car is a happy car – and it’s also more likely to last longer than one that’s full of dirt and grime.
12. We also have a tip for all of the winter drivers out there. It’s important to get your car’s battery and antifreeze levels checked before the cold weather hits. Nothing is worse than being stranded in the middle of a snowstorm with a dead battery or frozen engine. By getting these things checked ahead of time, you can avoid any major headaches down the road.
13. For the hot season, our summer-related tip is to get your car’s air conditioning system serviced. This is something that many people forget about until they’re stuck in a hot car with no relief from the heat. By getting your AC serviced regularly, you can avoid this uncomfortable situation and keep your cool all summer long.
14. Lastly, make sure you have good auto insurance coverage in case of an accident or other unexpected car repairs.
If you follow these tips, you can avoid major repair costs down the line and keep your car running smoothly for many years to come.
Are you looking for an auto repair facility in Seekonk, MA, that you can trust with your automotive care needs? Trustworthy Auto is always here to help with any maintenance or repairs you may need and help keep your car in top condition.
We are the leading auto repair serving Seekonk MA and the surrounding communities. We offer a wide range of services, from oil changes and tune-ups to engine repairs and transmission services. Our ASE-certified mechanics have the knowledge and experience to work on all makes and models of vehicles, so you can rest assured that your car is in good hands when you bring it to us.
Give us a call today at (508) 639-9414 or schedule an appointment online, and we’ll be happy to help you keep your car running smoothly.